Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Six Year Memorial For September 11th

Wow. It’s been six years since that tragic scene, September 11th. Can you believe it? I can still see that image so vividly of the Twin Towers just trembling away…I was sitting in my 7th grade homeroom class, Mrs. Madsen’s Home Economics class. She had brought in her own miniature television. We all agreed to watch it, as long as we kept quiet! We weren’t allowed to see it. The school system said it was too vivid for us. Well, we wanted to see what was going on in our own country!!! So we watched, as the planes came, as the buildings easily toppled down. I was only 14, but it hit so hard. I began to tear up in class. We had the three close by classrooms in our room. We were all smashed together like vacuum packed sardines. But, that didn’t matter. What mattered is we were helpless to do anything about the sights we were watching. That we had no way of knowing what our future now held because we had no idea how bad this was going to affect us. That we had no way of knowing if they were going to be ok, of knowing if it was all going to be ok, knowing if we could withstand such a heartless, cowardly blow to the American Economy. The Twin Towers were such a massive part of America’s daily life! The people that worked in the Twin Towers had loved at home or at school, had friends as coworkers also, had friends in other places, had kids at home, a husband, a wife, a pet, a LIFE. These people will always be remembered. For going to work even though there may be a bomb or an attack everyday. They had the guts, the gumption to keep going no matter how much other people wanted to see them crumble. 9-11-01 has affected us all. In ninth grade I went on a trip for my high school band. We got to see Ground Zero. I stuffed my hand through the barricades and touched the rubble. Its almost unbelievable to think that something that has been so permanent is gone so quickly. Wow. If you have never seen it, you don’t have any idea how more of a patriotic person it makes you. When you saw the Twin Towers, you saw a reflection of the shore, the town, and the city. Now when you look that way, you just see rubble, ash, decay, molten glass, broken spirits. I never used to be into Government or who was President at the time. But the day I saw the Twin Towers fall, and the day I saw Ground Zero. That all changed. After witnessing these things, how could you NOT be a patriotic American? I now care about all those things. I take part in politics as much as I can. I keep really current on current events, I know who’s president, for how long, could they get re-elected? I pay attention to MY country now. I have realized that if I want to be happy with it I have to take part. Not just sit there and hope someone has the same ideas then complain when I don’t agree. This is where I live, where I breathe, where I work, where I am where I'll be when I die. I think this trying event has proven us all to be strong, compassionate, warm, loving, brave, heroic, beautiful, supporting people. Here’s to all the victims and heroes of 9-11.
America the brave.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great Job and very nice picture. I have a couple great 7-11 pixs if you would like them all I need is an email to send them to. Let me know. Now it is your turn to read my latest blog. In fact it probably will pertain to you in some way, let me know.

http://easyliving.blogspot.com

Have a wonderful day and thanks for a great post.